It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:29 am

Post subject: Shuffling posts?
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2015, 2:39 pm 

Hi,

1) Is there a way to shuffle auto-posts?
Currently, by default, it seems to schedule them in ascending alphabetical order...

2) Is there a way to make auto-post in-between time random?
For example, instead of posting every EXACT 30 minutes, I would like to define something like "between 15 and 30 minutes", then the software would just rand(15,30) or something... So the first post would be submitted 16 min, then the second one would post submitted at 23 min, the the third one at 19 min, then 27 min, etc. Random.
Otherwise thank you for considering it in a future update!

The purpose of 1) and 2) is to make it less obvious that I am using a soft. Some board admins don't like it...

Thanks

Post subject: Re: shuffling posts?
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2015, 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. Yes.
* If using "Posts list" then in "Posts list" tab -> on the bottom left -> "Randomize post order when posting.
* If using auto-create / auto-reply from directory then in "CONFIG" -> "Directory posting" -> enable "Process folders in random order" [only from 2.42, beta available here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8274] and "Grab files in random order".

2. You could do this from "Posts list" using the interval posting: http://poster.freddy.lt/faq.php?expand=faq604 . If you use "auto-create" / "auto-reply" , you can enable in "CONFIG" -> "Directory posting" to "Add post to posts list..." and later schedule with interval posting from there.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2015, 5:21 pm 

(I always use "auto-reply")

Freddy wrote:
Hi,
* If using auto-create / auto-reply from directory then in "CONFIG" -> "Directory posting" -> enable "Process folders in random order" [only from 2.42, beta available here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8274] and "Grab files in random order".

Awesome, thank you. I'll wait for the stable release!

Freddy wrote:
If you use "auto-create" / "auto-reply" , you can enable in "CONFIG" -> "Directory posting" to "Add post to posts list..." and later schedule with interval posting from there.

This will require me to set a schedule for each "auto-reply" post manually though... am I right? I have thousands of .txt files (not kidding)...

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2015, 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

tasteful wrote:
(I always use "auto-reply")

Freddy wrote:
Hi,

Awesome, thank you. I'll wait for the stable release!

Nothing will change in final really. Current beta pretty much = final. If you need those features I would just use the beta for now.

tasteful wrote:
Freddy wrote:
If you use "auto-create" / "auto-reply" , you can enable in "CONFIG" -> "Directory posting" to "Add post to posts list..." and later schedule with interval posting from there.

This will require me to set a schedule for each "auto-reply" post manually though... am I right? I have thousands of .txt files (not kidding)...

No. You don't need to schedule each post manually when using interval posting. All posts are scheduled at once.

It's basically three steps (one of which you already doing and others take seconds to do):

1. Put all those 1000 .txt files in needed directories (what you already doing). They will be loaded in "Posts list" and not posted immediately (when that setting in "CONFIG" ->"Directory posting" is enabled).

2. Select all those 1000 posts in "Posts list" (not one by one, for interval posting you must select all [needed] posts at once). You can just use CTRL+A (or there is a button to select all) since you will want to schedule all those 1000 posts. It takes literally few seconds.

3. Enable schedule (ALT+W - only need to do this once), press "Schedule selected" (ALT+ENTER) and choose the needed interval (including the random times). It also takes seconds when you know what you want.

That's it.

Post subject: Re: Shuffling posts?
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2015, 11:39 pm 

thank you Freddy.