It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:47 pm

Post subject: Automatic retry posts.
PostPosted: December 8th, 2020, 3:22 pm 

AUTOMATIC Retry posts (for previous failed statuses BEFORE posting new posts)

Hello.

When posting, I would like the posts to be posted on the forums strictly in order, so that the order is not violated, there is no posting of several (often quite a significant number) posts in a random order. And for some of my topics, this is especially important. (By the way, I will mention that already now the program has problems with this when performing some actions, for example, the Retry posts after function for several posts will post them in random order, as well as tasks from the Schedule for the same forum and topic - those overdue at the time of launching the program are also fasting in no particular order, please correct this and do so that such actions are performed in order).

So, there are often situations when a particular forum at the time of posting temporarily does not work for various reasons - errors like 50*, the host does not respond, the forum has a problem with the database, the owner did not pay for hosting on time and therefore the site is temporarily disabled, or something else, and red lines with erroneous statuses remain in the Status. And an error on the forum can last in different ways - sometimes only a few hours, sometimes several days, in special cases it can last 2-3 weeks and then either the forum surprisingly returns to life, or disappears from the network completely and you can simply delete it from the program. In different ways, I repeat, after the first failed post, it is immediately unclear how long such a specific problem will last. And erroneous statuses on the Status tab can gradually accumulate, from less than 10 posts (and then the forum works again as usual) to about 100 or even much more.

And any forum, even the top one, can have such problems - just recently vipergirls.to did not work for about 16 hours, error 522.

And with such periodic (not rare) problems with different forums, it turns out that either you need to post everything manually (do not use the Schedule at all, but press the Post selected button) to maintain the order of posts (if necessary, manually re-send previously failed posts, and only then post the next ones) or , using the Schedule there are will be often missed and unsent red statuses, when a newer posts have already been posted without the previous ones.

I would like to fix this situation and for this I think it would be worthwhile that at the time of posting (either from the Schedule, or via the Post selected button), all previously failed red statuses (for all forums to which a new post should be sent) are searched for in the Status tab and the Retry posts function was applied to them, and the new post itself was enqueued last.

I think that this proposed feature is quite important (or even basic - for automation) and therefore I would like to see the answer whether you will make this improvement and, if so, how long (approximately) to wait.

And I wanted to add - so far, for a group of 3 forums, which are often unavailable for several hours (I already remember it, I got used to it and I know that they will definitely return online later) I came up with a __ temporary__ alternative solution for the described problem - setting Flood Delay to the maximum value (90 minutes) + Auto-retry times on the Status tab is also maximum (4 times). So, if the forum is unavailable for less than 6 hours, there is no strong problem. But in the above case with vipergirls.to, such a solution would not help, and therefore I ask you just to add higher values ​​for Auto-retry times in the next update, until you have solved the described problem. But in any case, the described function of posting previous failed posts before sending a new post is needed, since a temporary solution with Flood Delay globally for all forums is not suitable, large values ​​of this parameter create a problem with queue accumulation with a large number of posts.

Best regards and have a nice day.

Post subject: Re: Automatic retry posts.
PostPosted: December 8th, 2020, 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

will review this later.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2020, 8:02 pm 

Hello again.

I just wanted to make an addition to the above.

I discovered a new problem with a workaround that I came up with earlier.

Namely - on the x-forum.net forum (I definitely noticed it, but it may happen on other forums too) sometimes around midnight GMT there are erroneous statuses with the code 504 - no later than an hour after the attempt to send. This is despite the fact that the Flood Delay option for this forum is 60 minutes and Auto-retry times = 4 times. That is, my temporary solution for some reason does not help in this situation. And then the function I proposed becomes all the more important. And please clarify - such errors with a 504 code always lead to the termination of further attempts to send a message, regardless of the Flood Delay and Auto-retry times settings?

PostPosted: February 12th, 2021, 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Auto-retry is always used on error (if not disabled in forum's "Other settings").

Flood delay is used on failed statuses if that option is enabled in "STATUS" -> on the left: "Use flood delay on failed statuses".

If you want to always preserve the order enable in "STATUS" -> on the left: "Abort statuses for the same forum if previous status failed" and just retry all later when forum is back online.