It is currently May 15th, 2024, 4:07 pm

Post subject: Add some way of quick replying, change directory replying.
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2015, 12:48 pm 

Hello freddy,

I am shifting more and more work to TP and therefore would like to make another suggestion, maybe it's of any use to you.

In by far the most of my posting cases I only reply to an existing thread for one time and then maintain the post with TM afterwards. This isn't really my choice, it's a matter of site rules.

Current workflow is:

1. Go to forums view
  2. Search the forum I want to add a topic to
  3. Add the topic via topics editor
  4. Repeat 2 + 3 for any additional forum I want to create a post in
  5. Go to topics view
  6. Compose my post
  7. Choose the topics I want to reply to a second time (I already did this in 2 + 3)
  8. Let TP create the replies

Those topics stay in the database until I manually delete them.

This is a real cool and well-designed workflow if you reply a lot to the same topics again and again. If you are forced by site rules to create one-time replies it's a lot of redundant work and it clogs up the DB.

Suggestion: What I'd like to see is some sort of quick-reply.

Workflow could look like this:

1. Go to topics view
  2. Click a button or use a keyboard shortcut to make an input field appear. Add one or more topic URLs into it. TP parses the URLs and gives the opportunity to open them in the browser to check if necessary. Nice to have: If the URLs could be parsed there could be a button to add them to topics list if someone changes his mind half-way through the process
  3. Compose my post
  4. Let TP create the replies. Nice to have: If someone would like to add those topics to the topics list at a later time, it could be possible from "Status mode" (Active or History)

That are four steps compared to eight - if I would count every single click the difference would be even greater. If you desire the topics to be saved you're still able to - even with less effort. There will be no one-timers in the DB anymore, only the topics you're gonna reply to more than one time.

Another benefit: if you add a special element for URLs to directory posting this functionality could also be used via DP since the exact location where to reply is defined unambiguously by the URL itself.

Where to put parsing errors? I tend to suggest to put them in status view for DP and have them display a red line under them in GUI. Good links should be transferred from input window to the list on the right side, just the way it's designed right now.

Wurstmu

Post subject: Re: Add some way of quick replying, change directory replyin
PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 3:46 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

I see what you mean, just some random notes at the moment:

* You can first go to "TOPICS" tab and de-select all groups (so you won't any topics in topics list). Then add your topics via "FORUMS" -> "Topics editor" (as you described in 1-3 steps). Added topics are shown in "TOPICS" tab immediately (without any group selected), so after adding topics you will see them there without the need to filter by group(s), so the step 7 is kinda gone (you can just press CTRL+A or select all button).

* Even if you don't reply to saved topics (like mega-threads) it's still useful to have them in program just in case you needed in future to view them or (in future update) you will be able to easily sync those topics with themaManager if needed.