It is currently May 16th, 2024, 10:44 pm

Post subject: Changing topic's subjects.
PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 8:37 pm 

Hey,

Could You make some kind of possibility to auto change topic's subjects as the same as first line in posts which contain text without bbcodes or html codes. As also without letters limit.

I'm asking because all my posts I've made till now doesn't contain correct subjects which were made of first text of post and it looks right now like: "bla bla bla..." and some doesn't even contain [/b] closing tag.

I can not post such a posts at my blog (wordpress).
It could also awesome If for wordpress posting You could add auto remove of first line with text in posts if subject is the same.

I've tried to create posts *.txt files with same filename as first line containing text but many of them has unavailable for filename signs as for example: /, | after software find this signs it breaks =/

Post subject: Re: Changing topic's subjects
PostPosted: December 15th, 2015, 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

everything is already possible.

* You can change characters limit in "CONFIG" -> "General posting".

* You can disable characters limit for needed forums / blog in "FORUMS" -> "Other settings".

* You can use subject replacements to remove what you don't need. Add in "CONFIG" -> "Replacements" -> "Subject" (affects all posts) or in "FORUMS" -> "Replacements" -> "Subject" for specific forums / blogs.

* You can have the subject always in first line and just enable in "Message" menu (at the top) -> "Use first line as subject" (if it has BBCode you can remove it with replacements).

Post subject: Re: Changing topic's subjects.
PostPosted: December 15th, 2015, 6:59 pm 

Whoa it really is! You're one step before me :)

How about posting without first line of text? I just want TM to retrieve title from first line and don't post it in message?
Is that possible to choose auto align post to the center?

PostPosted: December 16th, 2015, 12:56 am 
Site Admin

* "Message" menu (at the top) -> Remove first line when posting.

* If you need to remove the first line only to specific forums you could do that with replacements.

* I would actually suggest to leave the first line with title. It's better for SEO and people might find your posts easier when using forums search and searching only in text message.

* You can add center tags with replacement. For replacements help use this topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=634 , don't forget to provide "before" and "after" examples.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2015, 3:00 pm 

Quote:
* I would actually suggest to leave the first line with title. It's better for SEO and people might find your posts easier when using forums search and searching only in text message.

Title also in post text?

PostPosted: December 16th, 2015, 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Mike wrote:
Quote:

Title also in post text?

Sure. It increases the changes to get more views / downloads.

Forums search has options to only search in message text, so if some words are only in title people won't find it. If that text is in title and message it should also show up higher in search results.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2015, 6:01 pm 

Freddy wrote:
Mike wrote:
Quote:

Title also in post text?

Sure. It increases the changes to get more views / downloads.

Forums search has options to only search in message text, so if some words are only in title people won't find it. If that text is in title and message it should also show up higher in search results.

Good to know! :)

How about adding post to many categories in wordpress instead of just one. Does it also affect somehow? Or maybe it doesn't make any difference?